To significantly improve the quality of life of disadvantaged urban and rural communities, and increase their resilience to the shocks of climate disruption, peak oil, and limits to (neo-classical economic) growth, through the identification, design and implementation of projects following PD principles and guided by PD ethics.
- Awareness-raising about the need to define/implement a Low Carbon Development paradigm in order to reduce overall greenhouse gas emissions and fossil fuel dependence
- The creation of a platform for networking and development of ideas and solutions, through the Renewable Energy Centre Website
- Lobbying government and various institutions
- Mobilizing community members towards change in light of the above vision and providing practical opportunities for community involvement.
- Forming a steering committee responsible for the networking of specialized groups and projects relevant to the different aspects of Transition including food, water, energy, environment, social, industry, waste management, transport etc.